Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sewing endeavors, March 2008

Let's start off with a handy site for reference. http://wkdesigner.wordpress.com/2007/09/

This site offered a few nice patterns that I made use of and I'll be referencing it for anything strange or decent you see here.

This week's worth of sewing netted a few new items to celebrate another mediocre hip adjustment. The rubberizer wasn't as effective as I thought, mainly as temperature fluctuations changed the diameters of the housing and ball. Completely difficult to accommodate for, since who knows the thermal expansion rate of 110lb cardstock, Elmer's Glue and Plasti Dip composite?

Anyways, here's a few shots of what resulted, presented in order of decreasing amount of clothes.

The beret didn't turn out as well as I hoped. It screams Renaissance painter or Tudor more than modern fashion.

Combined with an overshirt, the effects of my minimalist fashion design (or lack thereof) works better. If I bothered to add darts to fit the shirt better, it would help. I'll add buttons someday, somehow.
Shot of the really simple top that I'm debating adding straps for. It would help for support, but it's rather hard to sew those on.

For those who are interested in more, here's the rest of the gallery.

No comments: