Saturday, March 22, 2008

Miscellaneous updates

Hip joint is holding up well. The new design does have problems with softened spheres but it maintains poses better than the first two iterations. No scanner or camera access, so it's going to be a bit before documentation can be posted. Might use CAD to illustrate it.

As an aside, came back home to find my model F-18 broken. Not sure what happened, but it's beyond repair value. I've noticed that I really did a crappy job on it, with decals warped and misaligned. The paint job was poor and spotty, and I already ruined the movable tail section during the initial construction job. Rather than buy a new set of rubber cement and fix it, I've trashed it. This only solidifies my stance against any new purchases with fewer than 10 movable parts. (F-18 would have had 3, if I made it right)

No comments: