Saturday, May 24, 2008

Comic Shop Loot Haul (May 22, 2008)

Unrelated note to the loot haul, there's a half off book store near MPC Products Corp. in Skokie. Bought a second copy (yes a SECOND) of the Dungeon Master's Guide for Dungeons and Dragons, just because of the Kev Walker artwork in this one. Evil bastards and their art circulation. The store also had software titles half off, with Half-Life Anthology 1 for $10, Painkiller for $10, and Freedom Fighters for $1.60. Pretty good deals, if the train ride didn't negate all the savings for a small trip to buy one item from that place. Great if you plan on buying a ton of DnD books which they still have lots of.


Yep. That's one sexy book. Still shiny.

Now, for the main event: Phoenix Comics, west of Skokie. 5920 Dempster Street. Two words describe this place: "Fire Hazard". Once you step into this place, you're greeted by a wall of crap. There's action figures from the early 90's til the current, with some interesting finds. Revolver Ocelot, Fortune and Olga from McFarlane's Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty can be bought here for $12 apiece. That and boxes of Star Trek novels and Buffy the Vampire Slayer toys.


 

After digging through the pile of Buffy the Vampire Slayer toys, I managed to move around and find something that I've been missing for a while: Vol 18 of Ah! Megamisama! that I happened to not buy when I completed my collection. Their manga collection is best described as "abandoned" and old, with nearly an entire Sailor Moon manga set available. I'd have bought it if weren't for the fact that it was in a shelf blocked off by more boxes of crap. I swear, the owner loves Half-Life 2 and how boxes are everywhere to piss you off.


After digging through more Buffy the Vampire Slayer toys (did I mention how everything's covered by these blasted things?) I made my way to a nice find:

OHHHHH, SEXY. BASU ZA TSUTAMPEDO! Hotaru agrees. I'm afraid this one's going to stay in the box, since he's missing the one element that makes the other Trigun figure bad ass: a cross Punisher. I'm curious on his poseability though, especially his legs. For now, Vash is going to play hard to get until I break down and open him up. Cost $23 at the store, somewhat reasonable.

No comments: