For the body, I defaulted to a Dragon Neo3 Body, since that's all the local store had. I wanted it now and not two weeks from now. That ran me $66. It also gave me a MG Lafette mount and an FG42 rifle.
I had a remaining unused pack of Sculpey III which I recall cost me $3. About 75% of that would be used to make a new head sculpt. Rather than give you the illusion that you can do this easily with progress photos, I'll just summarize the sculpting process. It would have slowed me down more than I'd like by taking progress photos every 20 minutes. The entire process already took me 3 hours.
- Etch the hairline and ear positions for reference
- Flesh out the jawline, pad the eyebrows and hair (he has thick sideburns)
- Carve reference points for the mouth and eyes
- Rhinoplasty fever. I don't know why I did the nose first.
- Shaping the face depressions and mouth
- Fiddling with the mouth for an absurd amount of time
- Back to the nose and nostrils. Then more mouth work.
- Redo eyes because they looked weird.
- Ears and eyebrows.
- Dropped head on floor and have to redo the nose.
- Neck and rear hairline work
- Thicken regions of the head to be rounder where needed
- Wonder how terrible the head looks when painted
- Picking Golgo's nose with a knife, and fiddling with his mouth more
- Wonder more how bad this may turn out since it's starting to look like Steven Seagal and Spock mixed together
Here's TEAM GOLGO 13! The least chatty group of mercenaries ever.
Now if I could get a model pack to swap out all the character faces with Duke Togo's for TF2, I might be bothered to play again.