Sunday, June 08, 2008

Figure Review: Revoltech Fraulein #003 Asuka Langley

Last week's purchase: Revoltech Asuka Langley from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I don't really care about the series that much; I bought this because it was the only Fraulein they had left (it was either this or Pocco, and that looked too retarded for my tastes. They were all out of Rei Ayanamis). There's quite a bit of Asuka hate out there, but hey, I'll give her a chance.




First bit of note: my Asuka came with a paint flaw/chipping on the right knee. I'm afraid of more chipping now, so I'm going to treat her a bit better than normal. That means no violent slamming of my desk, lest she falls over and gets more chips.

Revoltech went for form over function in this figure. I like that, but it means her arms tend to fall off easily.

Obligatory ass shot.

Medicom's 20th anniversary Old snake's gun works well in her hands. It's better than the default assault rfle she comes with. The default rifle is quite thin and unexciting.

Overall, for $24, it's not a bad figure. The articulation meets my standard of at least 15 points. She's compatible with other 1/12 scale figures, especially Wolfwood's guns. However, her hair is tremendously bad because it restricts her head movement so much. Rei's shorter hair would make her a better purchase for that sake alone, if you don't care much for either. All in all, Asuka joins my ranks of test subjects for planned future revisions.

No comments: